The Learning Resource Centre (LRC) effectively opened with the establishment of the BERJAYA University College (BERJAYA UC) in 2008. It supports the learning, teaching and research needs of the students and academic staff in a highly specialized field of study which includes the culinary arts, tourism, culture and performing arts, food services, and hospitality.
The LRC is located near the main entrance to the university college. It occupies 3520 square meters of space and can cater a seating capacity of about 100 users at one time.
To be a resource centre of excellence by providing efficient services and timely information for University College community.
To continuously support the academic and professional programmes of the University College through the provision of library resources relevant for teaching, learning and research.
We are committed to the following performance indicator:
- Open with services for 45 hours per week.
- Provide an environment conducive to research and private study.
- Make available the resources specified for courses.
- Support teaching, learning, and research by providing the intellectual needs for its academic community.
- All users must be registered before they are allowed to use the LRC. Student ID card must be produced for registration as a user.
- All members must produce their student ID card to borrow items from the LRC.
- Items on loan which are due for return on the date/time stamped on the loan's slip.
- Fines will be levied on late returns
- Reminders to return items on loan will be sent through e-mail addresses.
- Items from the Open Access collections may be renewed twice (2) personally or online renewal if not reserved by others.
- Items for the Closed Access collection cannot be renewed.
- Users are responsible for returning borrowed items to the LRC before the due date.
- Users are responsible for borrowed items until the loan record is cleared in the database.
- The Librarian may recall an item on loan from the Open Access collection if required.
- Fines will be imposed from the first day that a loan is overdue until the loan record is cleared in the database OR until the item is reported lost.
- Open Access – 50 cents per day.
- Closed Access – 50 cents per hour.
* (User privileges will be suspended when fine reached RM1.00)
- Members may place on hold item that currently on loan. Applicable for Open Access items ONLY.
- Item reserved/hold will be kept three (3) days before given to next reservation or put back to the respective shelf.
Lost & Damaged Items
Losses and damages must be reported at the Circulation Counter. A borrower has to:
- Replace a new copy (ONLY exact edition or new edition + overdue fine if any).
- Replace with new book or current publication (same subject, not available in the library collections with equivalent price).
- Paying DOUBLE (2x) cost of missing item (item price + overdue fine if any).
- Deducting the item cost from LIBRARY DEPOSIT (ONLY when student is withdrawing library membership).
- Library Orientation.
- Information Skills Training.
- Reference & Information Services (Help Desk).
- Inter Library Loan (ILL) or document supply.
- 4 computers – for online services
- Study sofas.
- Discussion room
There are 4 categories of materials in the LRC:
Materials in the Open Access collection may be borrowed by registered users according to their entitlement (see Borrowing Entitlement).
Materials in the Closed Access collection are primarily those on student reading lists that are highly in demand. Priority access is given to academic staff and students of the University (see Borrowing Entitlement).
This collection contains educational and motivational materials for lecturer's usage ONLY.
- Books marked REFERENCE are for internal use ONLY and may not be borrowed out.
- Others Reference Materials: Celebrity Chef, Autobiography & Biography, Travel Log & Guide Book, and, Dissertations.